Do you need an Import / Export Number to trade internationally? We can Register you or your Company for an Import / Export Number at SARS.
Individuals or Businesses who are importing or exporting goods for commercial and personal reasons (or to the value of R2500+) need to be registered with South Africa’s Customs for an Import / Export Number. This number is obtainable from SARS. It is also known as an Importer’s / Exporter’s Customs Code.
1. Bank Account. You need an active Bank Account at one of South Africa’s major banks.
2. South African Address. Upon registration SARS will require a valid Business / Home Address in South Africa.
3. SARS Letter with Income Tax Number. Send us any SARS letter showing the Business Name as well as your Income Tax Number.
Advantages to Register for an Import / Export Number:
1. Clearance at Customs. You will be able to clear goods at SA’s customs when moving goods in / or out of the country.
2. Payments. You will be able to make or receive payments for goods that have purchased or sold internationally.
1. Apply below. Please fill in your details in our contacts page. One of our friendly Consultants will then contact you.
2. SARS Offices. We communicate with SARS on your behalf. Our Professional Import / Export Practitioner ensures that your Import and/or Export Number is processed correctly and in good time.
3. Receive your Import / Export Number. Our Customs Department will ensure that you or your Company is registered for an Import / Export Number in the quickest possible time frame.